Monday, February 18, 2008

How quickly can you spend money?

I just posted that we paid off our cc (with a small balance left on one card - $370 – that I’ll be paying off tonight) and then we ran out on Saturday and bought a new computer! Not even 24 hours of having a $0 balance before we charged something new on the card.

Our computer was really old and probably would have died pretty soon. This was one item on our list of need to buy items with the tax refund I am anticipating. We probably should have waited until we had the refund in our grubby little hands but we were both impatient (wonder how we got in this mess? :) ) and saw a pretty good deal. My husband is a techy guy in his job and I’m at an ok level compared to most users so we didn’t want a basic level computer. We have a lot of pics, videos, etc. that will take up a fair amount of hard drive space and we wanted a good processor and significant memory to run our applications, etc. So, with the CPU, a 22 inch monitor, 2 year warranty plan, some video software I wanted to get and taxes, the total came to over $2,000. Yeah, I know, not cheap. But hopefully this will last us a little while and provide us with the speed/space we need. I have cash to put towards it until I submit my taxes (still waiting on the necessary receipts, forms, etc.) that will bring the balance owing down by the time I get my refund. I'm hoping we'll only owe around $1,000 by that time.

No comments: