Sunday, May 13, 2007

I missed the boat

Our company stock was going up early last week and I was so tempted to sell all of my vested stock options and the few stocks that I own. We need to finish sodding our backyard and need a shed. I was going to use the money for that and put the rest towards bills and perhaps save some for our vacation this summer. But I wanted to wait until it at least hit the next full dollar amount. And I set up a sell order on the trading website for slightly more than the full dollar amount (so I would clear $7 per option). And then.... it happened. The stock declined on Weds... and again on Thurs.... and again on Friday. Now, it's down over $0.50 from its high on Tuesday. I totally missed the boat on that one. I'm just hoping that the stock increases again soon.

I need to sell some stock to pay for the sodding. We don't have the spare cash to pay for it on our own. And the three quotes that I received to complete all of the sodding (and other landscaping items) are just too high. I think we're going to have to do it ourselves. Which is fine but with a one year old, it makes it hard to do. We are going to have to hire someone to work on the lawn though... it needs it bad. That will be around $200. But it needs to be done. There's always something to take away our money. It's just how the best way to spend it and what we're prepared to spend.

No comments: