Thursday, May 3, 2007

Should I sell my stock options?

I spent $0 yesterday and today. Although I haven't paid for my overdue car permit renewal yet. That'll be another $142. I'll have to dip into savings to pay that. When does it end?

I'm pretty sure that I'm going to cash in my stock options and company stocks to pay for the landscaping that needs to be done. The rest I'll put on the debt. I am torn about this decision but we really need to get something done with the dirt in our backyard and we tried to grow grass ourselves - that didn't work. And we really need a shed too.

I'm trying to think of ways to increase income. I have a few ideas - one is to monetize my blog or create some sort of a income generating website OR get into real estate. I'm thinking I'd like to buy some rental units. But I still need to do lots of research - in both areas. I'm guessing it would be hard to buy properties when I don't have any money but I could be wrong :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the world debt blogs! It sounds like you have started on the right track.

I would suggest you take a look at Dave Ramsey's site. He too is debt free and has vowed never to borrow money again. http://www.daveramsey.com

Cheers!