Wednesday, May 23, 2007

I'm fed up

I feel like we're not getting anywhere on our debt reduction quest. We keep racking up bills and pay off what we spent the month before. So, although we aren't getting any further in debt, I don't feel like we are reducing our cc debt. I know that I am a large contributor to this but I can't seem to stop myself. And it's going to continue. We need to sod our backyard... buy a shed... etc. etc. So, I'm going to sell stock options to pay for that. So, it won't increase our debt; but it won't reduce it either. Why can't we seem to make a dent in our cc debt amounts. It frustrates me that we have that much debt, but obviously I'm not frustrated enough. I don't want to be dealing with this for years on end. But I can't seem to find a solution. There always seems to be something that comes up that needs to be paid for.

I'm even avoiding posting on the blog right now because of the current situation. This has to change. I'm fed up.

6 comments:

JW said...

I'm a 42 yr old father of six and I understand how you feel. Sometimes it even seems hopeless and useless. We started off this year with over $32,000 in debt and by the beginning of April we owed $41,408.00!

But, by the grace and love of God we were blessed this month and now we owe only $14,677.00

Things change. Keep working hard at it and keep the faith.

JW said...

We will be cheering you on!!!!!!

Debt Free or Bust said...

Thanks so much for your support. That is an amazing reduction in your debt. How did you do it so quickly?

Anonymous said...

Debt Free Or Bust,
Keep your head up and keep pressing forward. Trust me, I know it "feels" like things are stuck, but just the fact that you aren't moving "backwards" and are preparing to move "forward" is awesome! I'm linking to this post from the NCN Network site, so you might get a few "hits" and "cheer ups". NCN

misskate said...

Hi! This is the first post of yours I've ever read, but I can sure relate. It blows feeling like you're not moving forward in debt reduction. Even though I am slowly chipping away at my debt, I want it to happen faster. The numbers aren't going down fast enough and some months, they're not going down at all. BUT, as you pointed out, you're not increasing your debt. That is HUGE! And an accomplishment you should be really proud of. Little emergencies come up all the time that need money and attention and you're solving them without someone else's money. YAY, You!
So, you are moving in the right direction and you're practicing really good money habits by not increasing your debt.
And all that doesn't really make up for the numbers not moving down, because it's disappointing, but maybe next week or next month, the numbers will start moving again and you can take that much more satisfaction in it.
All the best!

Debt Free or Bust said...

Kathryn, thanks so much for your support. It is frustrating when things don't seem to be moving in the direction I'd like. But we have managed to pay off more than I thought we had in May. So, that's really hopeful that we can continue to move forward on our debt clearing.